Customer requires a Employee to perform software design and development activities as directed by the Customer and in accordance with the approved development approach for the task(s). The Customer seeks innovative solutions and encourages formulation of new cloud architectures and designs which generate advanced products and capabilities to maintain equal pace with rapidly changing market conditions. The employee may be directed to reuse existing (Customer based and commercial) components. The effort will be led by the staff project manager(s). Priorities will be set by the Customer project manager(s).
B. Work Requirement:
The Employee shall work closely with team members and customers.
The Employee shall develop software to meet mission requirements.
The Employee shall use iterative and Agile software development methodologies and practices.
The Employee shall participate in the planning and implementation of software development.
The Employee shall pursue different technologies as directed by the Customer.
The Employee shall participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle such as requirements definition, design, code, debugging, verification and test, and maintenance of software modules.
The Employee shall develop new software modules to be used in complex software systems supporting the Customer.
The Employee shall work with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
The Employee shall work with technologies such as Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, and GitHub/GitLab.
The Employee shall work with various databases such as MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB.
The Employee shall provide the immediate technical support necessary to meet critical operational requirements and schedules.
The Employee shall manage and track project tasks through the team’s JIRA site within assigned project boards.
The Employee shall have the following required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code software, such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible or Puppet
- Demonstrated experience maintaining solutions based on infrastructure-as-code software
- Demonstrated experience deploying solutions onto AWS or Cloud platforms
- Demonstrated experience performing software or system development on Linux platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with Linux-based operating systems such as CentOS or RHEL
- Demonstrated experience working with web servers such as Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat or Nginx
- Demonstrated experience scripting languages such as shell and Python
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented languages and programming, such as Java or similar
- Demonstrated experience working with web technologies such as CSS or HTML
- Demonstrated experience using version control systems such as GitHub
- Demonstrated experience using build automation and continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience using issue tracking software such as Jira or Redmine
Other demonstrated experiences which are desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience programming in Ruby
- Demonstrated experience using NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience using AWS VPCs, Security Groups and Network Access Control Lists to secure services running on AWS
- Demonstrated experience deploying solutions onto Azure
- Demonstrated experience taking a system through the security accreditation process
- Demonstrated experience organizing and running Sprint Planning meetings
- Certification as an AWS Developer Associate Certification or similar