The Employee shall provide resources for the tasks documented in this narrative on a best effort, Level of Effort (LOE) basis with the number of FTEs listed under labor categories. The hours shall be managed at the overall requirements level as directed by the Customer. Under Customer direction, some work may occur outside of Customer spaces.
The Customer requires Employee support for the design, development, and subsequent maintenance of a suite of services, drop-in UI components, end-user applications, and supporting infrastructure that builds upon and augments existing Customer capabilities. The Customer requires a flexible, high performance team that can work seamlessly with other contract teams, and across Customer organizations to deliver and sustain a coherent suite of solutions at the speed of mission despite reliance on numerous external capability providers.
- Work Requirement:
The Customer is working to deliver a suite of services, components, applications, and data platforms to avoid unnecessary isolation of data and bring efficiency to end-user workflows. The Customer is employing Service Oriented Architectures, Message Oriented Architectures, Web Components, and Deep Linking to integrate information and capability traditionally implemented across numerous disparate systems. The Customer requires a team to augment these efforts to scale them with expertise in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, System Administration, and “Big Data” technologies.
The Employee shall have a deep understanding of the tools and practices required to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery.
The Employee team shall have experience with system administration, network configuration, and shell scripting on Linux-based systems (e.g. CentOS). Experience administering Amazon Web Service (AWS) -based systems and managed services is required.
The Employee shall have experience with both distributed storage and distributed processing frameworks/platforms/query engines along with supporting technologies, e.g. HDFS, Hadoop, Pig, Presto, Spark, AWS S3, AWS EMR, Kafka, NiFi, etc.
The Employee shall have experience with scalable drop-in web application and component solutions that can operate within disconnected enclaves, facilitate integration into external applications built with heterogeneous technology stacks, and facilitate a division of labor that allows data providers to perform the bulk of work to prepare their system for integration with Customer applications.
The Employee team shall work closely with the Customer, its mission partners, and project stakeholders to assess and validate systems and requirements, design and develop new solutions, obtain security accreditation, and deploy systems for Customer use.
The Employee shall evaluate existing Customer capabilities, familiarizing themselves with system architecture and inherit the development responsibilities for those capabilities and systems as directed by the Customer. The Employee shall work with the Customer to generate and document requirements for
new system development. The Employee shall develop new systems to satisfy Customer approved requirements, and subsequently develop, document, and execute test plans, procedures, and scenarios for acceptance testing. The Employee shall validate and verify that the developed software successfully meets Customer requirements and interfaces properly with related systems through configuration, installation, and performance testing of the software.
The Employee shall assess and validate candidate systems, applications, and open source modules as potential elements for inclusion into the Customer system. The Employee shall identify key interdependencies, roadblocks, issues, and risks with modifying existing systems and develop/integrate/implement a plan to proactively address these issues in a timely manner.
The Employee shall comply with the Customer’s Assessment and Authorization process, addressing auditing requirements, and providing required system documentation through the accreditation process. The Employee shall work with the Customer to develop, implement, and maintain a strategy for appropriately handling security sensitive applications.
The Employee team shall, at a minimum, collectively possess the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience managing mission critical distributed systems within the Customer’s environment is desired
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Demonstrated experience with network configuration
- Demonstrated experience configuring systems/services to utilize Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Demonstrated experience with Linux system configuration
- Demonstrated experience with Bash scripting for system administration purposes
- Demonstrated experience deploying utilizing containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Demonstrated experience with enabling Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated experience in Distributed Computing & “Big Data”
- Demonstrated experience in requirements definition
- Demonstrated experience in Information Security, Assessment & Accreditation
- Demonstrated experience in high performance indexing / service performance.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing data caching to obtain optimum performance.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing RMDB and NoSQL capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in open source technologies and experience in pulling together multiple open source modules to satisfy a system requirement
- Demonstrated experience in the full software development lifecycle. This includes development, deployment, testing, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies.
The Employee team shall collectively possess experience with the following technologies:
- Linux (e.g. CentOS)
- Java 1.8
- Spring Core, Sprint Boot, & Spring Cloud
- Hadoop, Spark, or equivalents
- Hive, Presto, Pig or equivalents