The Customer requires a Cyber Security expert to perform and support penetration testing activities to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of information systems. The intent is to provide senior decision makers with actionable data to make strategic investment decisions.
The Employee shall document all identified system risks, planned test procedures taken, and test results.
The Employee shall perform analyses of vulnerabilities identified during testing.
The Employee shall review program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, Body of Evidence) to acquire enough requisite knowledge of the system to conduct a penetration test.
The Employee shall recommend changes to program-level documentation with an eye to reducing system vulnerabilities.
The Employee shall create and document penetration testing plans and procedures.
The Employee shall use approved penetration testing plans and procedures to conduct hands-on penetration testing.
The Employee shall analyze test results, document risks, and recommend countermeasures to uncovered risks.
The Employee shall research, evaluate, and recommend Information Security policies and guidance.
The Employee shall participate in technical exchange meetings and application review boards.
The Employee shall document action items and results from technical exchange meetings and application review boards.
The Employee shall brief management on the status of action items and/or results of activities.
The employee shall have the following required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience with cyber penetration testing
- Demonstrated experience applying computer attack methods and system exploitation techniques
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cyber security principles for Linux, Windows and virtual platforms
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience analyzing network architectures
- Demonstrated experience using network management tools
- Demonstrated experience creating cyber security test plans
- Demonstrated experience leveraging adversarial tactics to conduct hands-on security testing
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience testing or reviewing system configuration, development, and design specifically around enterprise systems and hypervisors
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing complex Windows installations
Other demonstrated experiences which are highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience participating in public and private information security groups and organizations
- Demonstrated experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- Demonstrated experience researching, evaluating, and developing security policies and guidance
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- One or more of the relevant certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester (GPEN)